This is an intensive, full three-day course (24 hours total) that teaches candidates:
- Modern adult learning theory
- Preparation, delivery, and documentation of training
- Development of training aids, including power points and others
- Coaching methodologies, diagnosing and correcting shooters’ errors
- Modern, effective gunhandling techniques, designed to work under stress
- Proper handling/operation of a variety of handgun types
- Effective, efficient combat marksmanship technique
The course time is divided about equally between classroom sessions and range firing, and each student will fire approximately 1,000 rounds of ammunition. Students will act as coaches for other students, and each will be coached extensively in turn. Students also receive a 200+ page training manual, which is a valuable information and reference resource. To graduate from this course, students must pass a shooting qualification and pass a written examination.
This course satisfies the training requirements for the Oklahoma CLEET requirements to become an OK SDA Instructor; for a state firearms instructor license in South Carolina by SLED; for 24 hours of continuing education credit in South Carolina by SCCJA; for 24 hours training credit by Georgia POST; for a license as an instructor for permit courses in Arkansas through the Arkansas State Police; for CWL instructors in Florida, and for in-service training credit for law enforcement officers in Florida.
For this course, students will need:
- A serviceable sidearm, revolver or semiauto, of at least .38 Special or 9X19mm caliber ( .38 Special, 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, .45 Auto)
- A serviceable uniform duty or concealed carry holster, worn on the belt, of leather or kydex construction, with a covered trigger guard
- At least three magazines or speedloaders (more is better)
- 1,000 rounds of ammunition for the sidearm
Everything else is supplied by Rangemaster, including a 200+ page training manual. For further information or answers to questions, please contact Tom Givens at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see our Eventbrite page for details or to register.