This is an intensive weekend course that covers all of the essential skills involved in fighting with a handgun. There is an all day session Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Topics covered in this course will include:
- Rapid presentation from concealed carry
- Effective gun handling techniques, designed to work under stress
- Rapid reloading techniques
- High speed accuracy at close ranges
- Precision shooting at mid-ranges
- Shooting effectively with one hand, with either hand
- Fixing malfunctions rapidly and reliably
- Proper defensive mindset, personal tactics, and more.
Expect to fire about 800-1,000 rounds of ammunition. This course is designed expressly for the armed citizen who carries a concealed handgun, or the plain clothes or off duty police officer.
You will need a good handgun, holster, belt, and magazine pouch, at least three magazines, a ball cap and concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc), eye and ear protection, and rain gear (we train rain or shine). A cooler with soft drinks, water, snacks and lunch will be needed, for lunch on site.
You will need a quality handgun and gear. It is a good idea to bring a second gun just like your primary, in case something breaks on your primary gun. Please bring good quality ammunition. You will shoot better, your gun will function better, and you will learn faster. Leather or kydex holsters are fine—PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. AIWB carry is allowed. Serpa holsters are allowed, but strongly discouraged.
Your primary instructor will be Tom Givens, of Rangemaster, assisted by other Rangemaster certified firearms instructors. Tuition is typically $495.00. To find a class near your or to register, please see our Eventbrite page.